Use ALPA’s Tools to Increase Staff Effectiveness and Promote Client
- Deepen your team’s capabilities and the resources for client self-management
- Create a strong base for actionable leadership within your organization and community
- Be part of an advocacy leadership network that supports positive aging
Host an ALPA Learning Circle …
ALPA is a leadership training program for service providers and volunteers who are experienced in working with older adults. Participants who complete the six-session certificate program will:
- Expand their understanding about new opportunities and challenges for positive aging
- Identify strengths, interests and opportunities for their own career and life development, and for empowering their clients’ self-management
- Learn to set goals and find resources that will improve future expectations for both themselves and their clients
- Carry out an action plan for a fieldwork project, report to the group, and then evaluate what worked and what didn’t work.
Using on-line teaching materials developed by national experts, local coordinators guide learning circles of up to 20 participants. Central to the process is an individualized field work project for each participant to turn ideas into action. Plentiful opportunities are scheduled for sharing results from assignments and discussing the meaning and relevance of presentations and readings. The program encourages development of an ongoing peer support network.
|Speak up for ALPA… The Life Planning Network, www.lifeplanningnetwork.org is seeking organizational partners to host local ALPA circles. The host partner appoints a coordinator who is an experienced group facilitator, provides a meeting location, recruits participants, customizes the website, and maintains oversight for performance quality. If you want to be a participant, help us connect with a host partner. Send inquiries to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here for a webinar about